While I'm sure Lou would like to sue the pants off of this place, and many others might be angered that our beloved mascot has been ripped off, I, for one, am proud that a small high school thought so highly of our bird as to adopt it for themselves.
21 August 2009
Do You Know About the Jeannette Jayhawks?
Stopped at a red light recently here in Madison, we spotted a gentleman in the next car over wearing a watch with a Jayhawk on it. When we rolled down the window to inquire and offer a friendly "Rock Chalk," the man politely informed us of our error...this Jayhawk was not the image of our beloved Kansas 'Hawks (2008 NCAA Basketball Champions, Orange Bowl Champions, and National Debate Champions), but belonged, rather, to a small, rural Pennsylvania high school. The LJWorld did this article about it a few years back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's very interesting. I think I'll point it out to my dad, though knowing him, he probably already was aware of it.
Post a Comment