31 March 2009

Celebrating One Year

This happened one year ago:

So to celebrate, Ben surprised me with a weekend away.  All I knew was that I was supposed to dress up...

(I know that the pants--which were pajama pants, I might add--make a terrible fashion statement under the dress.  But it was so darn cold, I just couldn't help myself.  I tried fooling myself into thinking it was kind of a hip, Bohemian look, but I'm not sure I pulled it off.)

Ahem. As I was saying, we got dressed up and went out on the town (this was Appleton, Wisconsin, by the way, hence the cold) and it wasn't until we walked inside the Performing Arts Center amidst a large swarm of people that I finally saw a sign that read "A Prairie Home Companion" and realized that Ben was surprising me with tickets to go to a live taping of the show (usually done from St. Paul, MN, but visiting Appleton this particular weekend)! 

Listen to a re-broadcast of the show here.

Needless to say, a great time was had by all. 

Then we went to Vince Lombardi's Steak House for dinner.  This is me with "Lombardi the Lion" out in front of the restaurant.  You might wonder why I am standing on one leg. This is because my grandparents have a dog, named Lombardi, who has only three legs--we call him Tripod for short.  And I felt the need to honor him properly (this one is for you, Ryan).




4 comments:

Liesel said...

Happy Anniversary!
To celebrate, we came back to Lawrence :)! We've seen as many people as we can and decided it is much more convenient to come to weddings where other people make all of the plans and we just show up and have a good time. We are still having a good time, but we're just more tired. . .

You look great, by the way. We can't wait to meet the new Beier.

Emily said...

Still in Kansas now? I wish I was there...probably a lot warmer. Give a shout out to Lawrence for us and drink a beer for me on Mass Street (okay, since i know it's the only place you'd go, let's make it Freestate, specifically).

Hope you are all well--and hope to see you sometime soon!

Liesel said...

I don't think it is that much warmer, if at all. I actually had two beers at Freestate due to the two times we went there. I embarrassed my dad by getting a 5 oz one. He claims that they don't even serve beer in that small of a volume in Germany. What do I say to that? We won the war. (I got that from him)

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary (belated)! I think you totally pulled off the pants, by the way. :)