Poor Ben, his birthday fell on Ash Wednesday this year, so instead of celebrating, we were donning sackcloth and ashes and fasting (okay, I'll admit I didn't do much of the latter...okay I didn't do any of the latter). But were able to hold off on celebrating until the following day, and Ben received some nice gifts. Among them was a) a great KU sweatshirt from Charlie and Nancy, and b) a sort of gag gift from me--a "Bartlet for America" mug from the show The West Wing. Ben (okay, fine, me too)...WE have been obsessed with the show and have been ordering it, DVD by DVD from the library since last fall. Even though Ben isn't a coffee drinker, I thought the mug was a nice way to commemorate this obsessive phase of his 27th year.
And we, of course, had to have chocolate.
A few weeks later, we made a trip to Chicago and got to see my aunt, uncle and cousins (not pictured), as well as my oldest friends, the Caulfields. Julie babysat for Katie and me as kids for several years, raising us right alongside her own Katie and Jessi.
A little belly time:
We also got to visit Our Lady of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein, IL, where Ben spent a year, but--of course--the camera died right when we got there.

No comments:
Post a Comment