30 min of sunshine and beautiful lake and soft breeze and lapping waves and good, "grown-up" conversation
Then, 30 min. spent in the freezing cold water (just think: Wisconsin in May--I tried to look up the water temp. and could only find out that the peak average water temp of summer is a whopping 74 degrees--I think most pools are about 88 degrees)
after CAPSIZING in the wake of a motor boat.
30 minutes spent totally wrapped in wool blankets and towels with hot chocolate on hand, trying to feed my newborn baby while also trying to not get her wet and fishy-smelling AND trying not to let those crystal beads that nursing pads are apparently made from (that go everywhere when the nursing pads are, say, submerged in cold water for an extended period of time) go into her mouth and poison her.
Not quite my idea of 3-weeks (yes, I said 3 weeks) postpartum "fun".

No comments:
Post a Comment