I would appreciate any prayers you can send up for this intention.
Ben and I have been spending a LOT of time watching the news and various news talk shows/radio programs regarding the election. It's addictive--and even when I don't want to listen/watch anymore, I still can't turn away. I will be glad when this whole election season has come to an end. I need to remind myself that it is not the be-all end-all of life, and that God is able to make good things come from either result.
In other news, the weathermen are predicting snow showers on Sunday! October 26 is one of the earliest snows I recall in my lifetime in Kansas, but up here, no one seems to be batting an eye. I must admit that I'm excited about it--the winters in Texas definitely left something to be desired. But don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a 100+ in. snowfall like Wisconsin had last year!
Last night, Ben and I had the opportunity to go to a Lecture at Edgewood College, here in Madison, entitled "Suffer the Little Children: The Sexual Revolution, Child Well-Being and Poverty", given by Dr. Brad Wilcox of UVa. It was very thought-provoking, mostly touching on the sociological aspect of how the Sexual Revolution has affected families (marriages and children, specifically). Dr. Wilcox was quite well-spoken, and I enjoyed that his information was presented strictly from a scientific, sociological point of view. I think too often when speaking of such things from a religious point of view, and audience has the tendency to tune out or assume that the information being offered is not based on scientific fact, simply because it is presented from a religious standpoint. The highlight of the evening was that we had the opportunity to have dinner with Dr. Wilcox and several other young adults before the talk. It is always nice to see the humanity in someone who I would otherwise view as "out of my league".
We had our second prenatal appointment this week. I am now 13 weeks, 2 days. While we didn't get the sonogram we were hoping for (they only do this when the dating of the pregnancy is uncertain--thank you, NFP!), we did get to hear our little one's heartbeat again. Always fabulous! And despite my continued dreams/nightmares of having a miscarriage, things seem to be progressing just fine. I think I'm starting to show a very little bit!
On a final note, please keep an acquaintance of ours in your prayers, Maria Thorson, who was involved in a head-on collision that killed one person on K-10 in Lawrence yesterday. Maria is the roommate of my good friend, Michelle Mueller, and is in ICU at KU Med.
And that's all the news from Lake...uh...Mendota, where the men are good looking, the women are strong, and the children are above-average!

No comments:
Post a Comment