Hello again...it seems that I have been updating this blog on about a monthly basis, which is really too bad for all of Moira's adoring fans out there. Keeping up with day-t0-day life is a challenge and blogging is, unfortunately, falling to the bottom part of the list. I am sure many of you out there understand this phenomenon!
Lately, we've been just trying to to survive the winter. Every year, fall and the winter holidays fly by and in the back of my mind, I harbor a secret dread for January and February. Okay, March too. And April. (Those last two never made the list until I moved to Wisconsin.) It's because these months are often cold, dark, snowy, and generally oppressive. Not to mention that Lent falls in there somewhere, so even spiritually, things are not exactly on the up-and-up.
But I have to be honest that this winter has been GREAT. No, really, I mean that. We have had so much sunshine, so little snow (ahem...jinx!), and plenty of opportunities for going out and about, even outside. I have discovered that 20 degrees, when properly dressed and shod, is no big battle. It can even be...dare I say it...pleasant! Our most recent days have been filled with so much sunshine that we've actually drawn the shades part way to keep from going blind, and we've had plenty of opportunities for walks outdoors. I couldn't be more pleased with this winter.
Here is a cute shot of Moira in the stroller, getting ready to go on a walk in the cold (thanks for the adorable hat, Grandma Eileen!):
Moira and I have also recently mastered the art of back baby-wearing! We really are enjoying its benefits. Here is a pic of one of the first times we tried it; it must be said that this is not the best of fits with the back wrap. I feel like there was too much slack in the material, which is why Moira is sitting so low and had the ability to lean back a bit. More recently, we went on an outdoor walk (for probably a mile and a half!) with a very well-fitted back wrap, which was extremely comfortable for both of us. Here we are, making dinner together:
Some might say that it is counter-intuitive to cut one's hair short in the winter time, since the hair can keep the neck warm. In Moira's case, however, there was no longer any excuse for this:
So we trimmed up, and now Moira has been magically transported from the '80s to the '10s in style!
It was fun to take a day trip last week to see our friends from Texas, who now live in Idaho, but were visiting family in Milwaukee. Here are Salongo and Charlie. Unfortunately, Moira came down sick with Roseola right after this visit, so Salongo, if you are out there reading this, I apologize if Charlie caught anything!
But my favorite way to beat the winter blues is to bask in the glow of my baby's beauty! Isn't she the cutest?

3 comments:
She's soooooooooooo aaaaaaaadorable and I love her smiles! She has your dimples, Em!
What a lovely girl!!!! It has been so windy here in KS, that I miss the WI colder days, but that have NO wind! I'm glad you are having such a great winter!
I bet March Madness will make a few cold weeks go quickly too! ;D
I can't BELIEVE how blue her eyes are!!!! And, uh, there seems to be one picture in particular where she appears to be plotting something positively impish. She must have heard about a new baby-trick in the Narthex from one of the gang.......teehee! Great pics!! :)
Post a Comment