01 December 2009

I've Been Very Busy!

Welcome, everyone!


This is a "guest post" by me, Moira. I just couldn't wait any longer to tell you about allllll of the things I've been up to lately.

First, I cut two teeth--ouch! My mom has yet to capture a picture of the elusive teeth, but her sore fingers can assure you that they are really there.

Next, I started to scoot all over the place...backwards. My mama and papa seemed to really get a kick out of the places they would find me.


In addition to under the piano, I liked scooting my bottom half under the couch in the living room and getting stuck (picture not included).

For some reason, whenever Papa finds me in funny places, he likes to scoop me up and hold me in funny positions. He calls this one Heisman Baby:


My next "trick" was to learn sitting up by myself. For quite some time, I have been able to sit with some assistance, but suddenly, one morning, mama and papa left me to my own scooting devices in the Living Room and when they looked back a few moments later, I had pulled myself up into a sitting position all by myself. I think they finally got the clue that I was digging this whole sitting thing, and was no longer in need of their help.

Within a few days, I was really getting into the swing of things:

Probably the biggest recent highlight for my folks is the fact that I have started sleeping in much longer stretches at night (between 5 and 7 hours at a time!). This might be due in part to the fact that I'm eating more during the day:

Prunes.

Then, just two days ago, I decided to start crawling (forward) in a wicked way! I am really into it now. It's hard to capture such grace of movement on a still camera, so you'll have to stay tuned to find out if Mama can get a video posted up here of the whole deal.

Once I figured out the crawling thing, I also decided it was time to start pulling up on things and exploring stuff above my usual eye-level. Here I am pulling up to check out what's in my toybox (one-handed! check me out!):


Then, today, I figued out that if I yanked hard enough, I could pull over the toy box and really get into the goodies:


So, you can understand why Mama hasn't blogged in a little while. She has to chase me around everywhere!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (I only got some sweet potatoes--but the turkey sure looked yummy). Now we're off on the great adventure that is Advent, on our way to Christ's birth at Christmas. I'm totally pumped for my first Christmas. I can already see the tree ornaments I'm gonna make a mess out of when I get my hands on them...





2 comments:

Liesel said...

Wish we could have seen you at Thanksgiving! Will you be in KC for Christmas? I love it when the kids start moving and the looks of pride. One of Will's favorite phrases: "I did it!". No matter what it was.

laurazim said...

.........and now I shall follow you! What great pics!!!!

~See you in the Narthex....